Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages not working

Hi I am having trouble with messages. The app will not open and will instantly close upon launch. I am on iOS 10.2.1 however I cannot update my device either. I have an iPhone 6 Plus, so that should not be a problem, but it keeps prompting me that an error has occurred downloading IOS 11. I have tried restarting and many other methods recommended by other supporr users. I still have no solution and I don't know what do do at this point.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 10:00 AM

1 reply

Feb 28, 2018 1:25 PM in response to L0NE_RANGER870

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities L0NE_RANGER870,

I see that you're unable to update the software on your iPhone and that Messages is also not working. Keeping your device up to date and being able to use your apps is important, and I'd be happy to help.

Let's start with updating the software. If you're unable to update over the air using Wi-Fi, then you can update using iTunes.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
If after updating you're still having an issue with Messages, reply back with the answers to the following questions.
1. Does this happen when you're connected to Wi-Fi and cellular data?
2. When did this issue first begin?
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a great day!

Messages not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.