Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Service exited with abnormal code: 231?

I'm running high sierra 10.13.3 I installed some pattern maker software recently that works on other macos high sierra but when I run it I get a crash report every time. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. I see Service exited with abnormal code: 231 and this /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompre ssion-96.30.2/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:50: Error: unsupported compressor 8

13:21:11.681750 -0600

xstitch /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompre ssion-96.30.2/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Library/AppExceptions.b undle/Exceptions.plist'

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 11:15 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Service exited with abnormal code: 231?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.