Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does Apple Watch keep jumbling my contact names on display in Messages app?

On my brand new Apple Watch Series 3 38mm, the Messages app will jumble the contact names with the app name when you click out of a message with someone on the top of the display. The operating system is the most current, watchOS 4.2.3. I'm not sure what causes the problem, but it happens after I've sent three or more messages in a fifteen minute span. I have attached a picture to show the problem. I have only found that a full turn-off and turning back on the watch fixes the problem, but it is only a temporary fix and is kind of annoying to have to turn the watch on and off a lot just to fix it for a few minutes.User uploaded file

WATCH SERIES 3 (GPS) ALUM 38MM, watchOS 4.2.3

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 11:50 AM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2018 3:06 PM in response to jojosi55

Hello jojosi55,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems you are experiencing issues with the appearance of the Contacts app on your Apple Watch. To help with this situation, please follow the troubleshooting steps in this resource from Apple, like restart your Apple Watch and iPhone or unpair your Apple Watch and pair again with your iPhone.

Get help with your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Cheers!

Why does Apple Watch keep jumbling my contact names on display in Messages app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.