Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Certain contacts don't show up in "Messages" when I try to text, but I can text them if I go to their Contact page under "Phone" and click "Send Message". Why isn't their contact appearing in "Messages"?

Certain contacts don't show up in "Messages" when I try to text, but I can text them if I go to their Contact page under "Phone" and click "Send Message". Why isn't their contact appearing in "Messages"?

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 1:04 PM

2 replies

Feb 28, 2018 2:15 PM in response to willduval

Hello willduval,

It looks like no one has responded to your question. Here are a couple things that might help others answer your question:
1. After sending a message to one of these contacts from the Phone app, does the conversation then appear in Messages?
2. Does this happen only with certain contacts?

3. Have you ever sucessfully sent messages through the Messages app to those contacts before?
Thanks.

Mar 1, 2018 8:56 AM in response to chuck_3rd

Great questions, Alex, thanks:

1) Sometimes. After sending an initial message via "Phone", that contact USED to then appear in "Messages", but with the recent software update, even that has quit working.

2) Yes, only certain contacts. I can't discern what it is that causes the problem though...

3) YES - that is the big surprise with the new software update - had a guy I used to text through "Messages" no problem and now he won't show up there anymore.

Someone please help!! Thanks!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.