Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iPad say “There was an error connecting to iCloud”

I have just bought an iPad and I cannot connect to icloud. It is connected to WiFi perfectly fine.

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 1:45 PM

1 reply

Feb 28, 2018 8:03 PM in response to kia81

Hello kia81,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help connecting to iCloud on your new iPad. I have a few things to check.

Is this occurring on one wireless network? I recommend trying this on other wireless networks, such as at the Apple Store, an Apple Authorized Service Provider, or a friend or family members home. If it is working on other networks, please contact your Internet Service Provider or router manufacturer for help with your network.

If this is a cellular iPad, you could try seeing if this works on your cellular network by turning off Wi-Fi in Settings > Wi-Fi. Please be aware, this will use your cellular data until you re-enable Settings > Wi-Fi.

Another thing to check is if you can connect the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, or the App Store. If you also have issues connecting to those, this help article has things to check after you check the network, and some advanced troubleshooting as well. If you can‘t connect to the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, or App Store

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Why does my iPad say “There was an error connecting to iCloud”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.