Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone else getting video glitches with external 4K displays connected via HDMI and the USB-C to HDMI adapter?

I'm running MacOS X High Sierra 10.13.3 (17D102), the laptop is a MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017) with Retina Display and Touch Bar.

I have a Samsung display connected via HDMI (high quality cable provided by Samsung), to an Apple HDMI to USB-C adapter.

Once in a while the entire screen glitches (colorful snow for 300~500ms, then it's back to normal). I confirmed with two other people I know who have the same machine, and they confirmed to me this happens to them as well.

The issue is mainly visual, it's annoying and it makes the machine feel like 2nd grade hardware manufactured in a hut somewhere in Africa with bamboo sticks.

Anyone else encountered this glitch? Do you have a workaround? Let me know!

macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), with Touch Bar

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 2:29 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Apr 6, 2018 6:44 AM in response to Skaag Argonius

I don't know if this will help you, but I logged in this morning after an auto-upgrade to High Sierra and my mac did not recognize my multi-displays (I run two monitors off of my macbook). If I had to do it all over again, I would turn off the auto updates because this has been a 3 hour nightmare for me that is still not resolved. This link helped me get moving again, but it will not do extended displays and only mirrors exactly what is on my laptop screen, but at least it is larger. It is clear that they are working on a fix based on this link. It makes me want to go buy a Dell which I actually am going to do this afternoon.

http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/macos

Anyone else getting video glitches with external 4K displays connected via HDMI and the USB-C to HDMI adapter?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.