Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS only) purchased in US - will it work in UK?

I have just purchased a Series 3 Apple Watch in the States but I live in the UK. It is GPS only. Will the watch still work exactly the same as the same watch purchased in the UK. I.e. will there be no limitations to use and will GPS still work correctly?

Apple Watch Series 3, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 2:01 PM

1 reply

Feb 27, 2018 5:43 PM in response to colorvibe

Hi

Yes, it will - without any limitations, including in respect of GPS. There are no regional differences in hardware for Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS).

The Apple Watch can be used in any country in conjunction with an iPhone 5s or newer model of iPhone (running the latest version of iOS) and a service plan for the iPhone from any carrier:

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Apple's Limited Warranty terms for an Apple Watch purchased in the US are detailed here:

Apple One (1) Year Limited Warranty

If bought in the US, then the included USB Power Adapter will have pins localised to the US.

The Apple Watch can be charged in the UK by using a local version of the Apple USB Power Adapter for iPhone or iPad, using a travel adapter, by charging via USB or by purchasing a UK USB Power Adapter as a separate accessory:

Power & Cables - Watch Accessories - Apple (UK)

Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS only) purchased in US - will it work in UK?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.