Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue signing into iTunes on first gen AppleTV

Has anyone else seen this before? I’m donating my first generation Apple TV to my father and while setting it up iTunes is not accepting my password and login. Internet connection is working great. I have reset, restored, reconnected power and even tried my wife’s iTunes login. Nothing so far is working. Does anyone know a workaround. Much appreciated.

Apple TV

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 2:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 2:56 PM

There have been numerous complaints about this: but as of May 25th it will officially no longer be possible to log into the iTunes Store with a first-generation ATV, so you may feel it's not worth the effort to chase up whatever's causing the present issue. Please see

About iTunes Store availability - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2018 2:56 PM in response to FrozenGru

There have been numerous complaints about this: but as of May 25th it will officially no longer be possible to log into the iTunes Store with a first-generation ATV, so you may feel it's not worth the effort to chase up whatever's causing the present issue. Please see

About iTunes Store availability - Apple Support

Issue signing into iTunes on first gen AppleTV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.