Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Loss of Text Notification after 11.2.6 update

Following recent IOs 11.2.6 update, Two iMessage Text contacts have lost Notification Sounds.

these are long standing contacts. All normal settings have been checked & show Selected Sounds.

All other Texts notify normally. ???

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 3:42 PM

4 replies

Feb 28, 2018 2:21 PM in response to aojca1

Hello aojca1,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you are receiving notifications from all other contacts except for a specific few. This could be if the alerts were hidden for those specific contacts. I would recommend you read this article, it explains how the feature works and how to enable or disable it.

To stop receiving message notifications, you can use Hide Alerts. Go to the conversation that you want to mute, tap User uploaded file, then turn on Hide Alerts and tap Done. When Hide Alerts is on, User uploaded file will appear next to the conversation. This stops notifications only for that message conversation, not your device. You’ll still receive all other messages and see notifications for them on your Lock screen.

You can also hide alerts for all your conversations by turning on Do Not Disturb. Go to Settings and tap Do Not Disturb or Scheduled to set up a specific timeframe. This stops all notifications on your device.

Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a nice day.

Feb 28, 2018 5:23 PM in response to CarlAVII

I complied an extensive reply on the situation .. However it was lost when trying to find the upload button.

Thank You. The suggestions made were checked on the iPhone 6 which is my Wife's, and also the settings in the contact entries. There is no sign of any errors & Text tones show selected.

This situation appeared after the last IOS update and possibly the independent merging of two entries of each of the Contacts effected.

I have deleted My contact entries from the IP6 and after re-boot made a new entry.

However the fault remains.

Neither her iPad4 nor MacBook Pro appear to be effected in their iMessage functions.. or Alerts

As these are her primary contacts this is very inconvenient.. Phone & FaceTime calls are not effected by this Alert Blockout.

Thanks..

Mar 4, 2018 2:16 AM in response to CarlAVII

Greetings,

As per previous report. I had deleted both contacts on the Phone 6, and then used Contact Cards sent by iMessage from My iPhone SE, to Re-install them after re-booting the IP6. In checking settings, it appeared All correct including the Hide Alerts being Off.

However, Still no alerts on both contacts..

Today it was decided to simply delete My full new entry and re-boot, Then make a New Basic entry from an Unidentified Text Mobile Phone No.

This then identified the iMessage and showed a Blue marked "Hide Alert" Circle.

When the New Contact entry details were checked,. It was found that the "Hide Alert" toggle was Switched On.!! (Not having been set manually.) Turning it Off restored Alert for a subsequent message.

Simultaneously, without any change having been made previously. The same "Hide Alert" "ON" setting was found in the Second effected contacts details.. And was duly switched Off. restoring Alert to that Users messages.

Our earlier attempt to use an iPhone 5 to check Message Alerts on the ID Account, couldn't be activated without a Simm card on the relevant Phone No. Even though the users 3 Email address were listed in Messages settings

Unknown Question Remains: What Actually caused these Contacts to show a "Hide Alert-OFF" setting. When both were actually in the "Hide Alert-ON" condition. ???

Loss of Text Notification after 11.2.6 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.