Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i can’t use my in app cameras

i have a 6s and iOS 11.2.6 and apps like snapchat and instagram say i need to allow camera access when i try to use them but when i go to privacy settings the option is not there to allow camera access to apps, i’ve tried updating apps, my phone’s software, deleting and redownloading them, freeing space, i checked restrictions and reset all my settings. how do i fix it?

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 3:04 PM

1 reply

Feb 28, 2018 2:23 PM in response to mayaelizabethd

Hello mayaelizabethd,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It' my understanding that third-party apps are unable to access the camera on your iPhone 6s. You've done a fantastic job trying to get this resolved so far! I'm happy to help.

I recommend reinstalling the iPhone iOS with iTunes. This step can resolve possible software issues. When reinstalling iOS, iTunes will completely remove your current software and install a fresh updated version. While iTunes will try to do this without removing data, it's a good idea to make sure you have a recent backup before trying this step.
How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Use the steps in the link below to reinstall iOS with iTunes:
If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Please let us know if the issue continues.

Have a great day!

i can’t use my in app cameras

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.