Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad Pro - Microsoft Office Apps & Screen Share?

hi, i am trying to decide on whether i should buy an ipad pro or a new macbook.

The main things i need my device for is editing/creating microsoft word docs, excel spreadsheets, & powerpoint presentations.

I also screen share (via an imac) with my boss daily (because he lives in a different state). I do NOT want to use gotomeeting if possible but prefer using the iMessage screen share app that we use imac to imac.

I know i could do all of these things if i buy a new macbook. I would like to know if the microsoft office apps on the ipad pro are GOOD or are limited?

Also, can you screen share with an imac from the ipd pro?

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 4:47 PM

1 reply

Feb 27, 2018 5:12 PM in response to brenna9283747392

The MS Office apps for iOS are good apps. They are not desktop/laptop equivalent apps though.

As with all highly complex apps, the tablet versions do not offer the full suite of features of their computer equivalents in terms of complex formatting options, layout features, and so forth. iOS also does not offer true multitasking if you are used to using MS Office apps together.

There are also file limitations - I know some of the excel files I work with are too large - they simply won’t load or are intolerably slow to work with in iOS. And many of the computations, sorts, tablet functions and such I use all the time in excel would take forever to complete, if they’d work at all, in iOS.

Oh, and no, FaceTime in iOS does not currently offer screen sharing.

Ipad Pro - Microsoft Office Apps & Screen Share?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.