Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone doesn't accept new phone number as a trusted number

Hi there,

I was wondering if you could help me. After moving to a new country (French Polynesia) from Australia I got a local mobile number. It all works fine with my iPhone X but when I try to update the "Trusted Number" in settings to the new number I get the following message:

"Invalid Phone Number This phone number is invalid. Enter a new phone number and try again."

I am unable to update my number and I have no idea what to do.

I am using an iPhone X with iOS version: 11.2.6

Any feedback would be most appreciated

Thanks,

Jennie

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 5:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 2:54 PM

Hello Jennie P,

I see that you're trying to change your trusted phone number on your account and you're getting an error message. It's important to keep that information up to date, and I'd be happy to help.

You'll want to make sure that you change your county/region in your settings first. Once you've done that, then you should be able to update your phone number on your account. The following article will help with changing that information.

Change your Apple ID country or region
If needed when changing the country, French Polynesia is located under Asia Pacific.
Availability of two-factor authentication for Apple ID
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
​Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2018 2:54 PM in response to Jennie P

Hello Jennie P,

I see that you're trying to change your trusted phone number on your account and you're getting an error message. It's important to keep that information up to date, and I'd be happy to help.

You'll want to make sure that you change your county/region in your settings first. Once you've done that, then you should be able to update your phone number on your account. The following article will help with changing that information.

Change your Apple ID country or region
If needed when changing the country, French Polynesia is located under Asia Pacific.
Availability of two-factor authentication for Apple ID
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
​Have a great day!

Feb 28, 2018 4:42 PM in response to brenden dv

Hi Brenden,

Thanks for your reply it's helpful. However to complicate things, I'm here (Polynesia) for less than a year and I have linked my iTunes account with my UK bank account as that is where i get paid. It might be that I have to keep things (trusted number as is) as they are till I move back to the UK at the end of the year?

Let me know what is best.

Thanks again,

Jennie

iPhone doesn't accept new phone number as a trusted number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.