Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

spanish keyboard mapping

I just received a new IMac today. I live in Mexico now and I ordered a Spanish keyboard. The problem is that the keyboard symbols don't come anywhere near matching what shows up on the screen. I changed the language to Spanish and to Spanish ISO, but still no match.

Secondarily, just to complain. Why isn't there a shred of help included in the box as to how to setup the thing? I've always had MacBooks and it was a challenge just to find the power switch. Then I'm wondering about the power source for the magic mouse and keyboard... maybe they REALLY are magic! :-) Anyway, a little quick start guide included with the Mac would have been helpful. Sure, you can get it off the web, but the PC isn't functioning until you get it running, so it's a bit disingenuous to expect people to log into a web site (that they're not even pointed to by any included documentation). Grumble grumble.

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 6:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 5:16 AM

Paul Weeks wrote:

I ordered a Spanish keyboard. The problem is that the keyboard symbols don't come anywhere near matching what shows up on the screen. I changed the language to Spanish and to Spanish ISO, but still no match.

Go to system preferences/keyboard/input sources and make sure that the ONLY item on the list is Spanish ISO.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2018 5:16 AM in response to Paul Weeks

Paul Weeks wrote:

I ordered a Spanish keyboard. The problem is that the keyboard symbols don't come anywhere near matching what shows up on the screen. I changed the language to Spanish and to Spanish ISO, but still no match.

Go to system preferences/keyboard/input sources and make sure that the ONLY item on the list is Spanish ISO.

Feb 28, 2018 6:18 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

That fixed it. Actually I had gotten confused between the keyboard language and the system language. I am a native English speaker, but we let a lot of local Mexican kids use the Mac, so they need the language to be Spanish. Everybody's happy, our admin account is English and their muchachos account is Spanish and the keyboard functions correctly as the keys are marked. Thank you!

spanish keyboard mapping

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.