Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone know why my Macbook Air Speakers sound blown out for limited periods of time?

My Air just randomly sounded like the speakers had been completely blown out, out of no where. However, when I shut my screen and then open it again, they will sound crystal clear again for about 45 seconds and then it will sound blown out again. Has anyone ever heard of this?

Please help!

MacBook Air, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 5:01 PM

2 replies

Feb 28, 2018 6:30 AM in response to DrTraybloxFan

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to respond to me. That's the thing though, I didn't. Additionally, if I'm listening to something and it sounds completely blown out, but then I close the screen and reopen it immediately, the song comes in crystal clear again. In a matter of seconds. I just have to quickly shut my book and reopen it. That's what I can't understand.

Anyone know why my Macbook Air Speakers sound blown out for limited periods of time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.