Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Older ipad won't activate

Just this morning my ipad would open. Says it needs to activate, but then says it can't because the activation server is temporarily unavailable

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 6:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 7:38 PM

I'm sorry to hear your iPad isn't activating. I'd be curious to know which model it is and what the last iOS version you installed on it was. Regardless, here's what I'd recommend:

1. Try restarting it: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

2. Try plugging it in to a computer with iTunes to attempt the activation

3. Try performing a recovery mode restore: If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2018 7:38 PM in response to Hindsy942

I'm sorry to hear your iPad isn't activating. I'd be curious to know which model it is and what the last iOS version you installed on it was. Regardless, here's what I'd recommend:

1. Try restarting it: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

2. Try plugging it in to a computer with iTunes to attempt the activation

3. Try performing a recovery mode restore: If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Mar 9, 2018 2:11 PM in response to KittenKJ

At this point, I think it’d be a great idea to contact Apple Support by phone at 1-800-275-2273 or to schedule a Genius Bar appointment to have your iPad inspected.

Older ipad won't activate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.