Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a known problem with Siri responding to Hey Siri on an iPhone 7Plus?

The summary is the question.

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 7:36 PM

1 reply

Feb 28, 2018 3:13 PM in response to Gagjoe

Hi Gagjoe,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're having trouble with Siri responding to "Hey Siri" on your iPhone 7 Plus. I know it's important to depend on Siri to respond; I'd like to help. I'd recommend starting with these steps:

If "Hey Siri" doesn't work

1. Go to Settings > Siri & Search and make sure that "Hey Siri" is on.
  2. Make sure that your device is face up. Placing your device face down disables "Hey Siri." If you have a Smart Cover on your iPad, it will disable "Hey Siri" if it's closed.
  3. If you have an iPhone 6 or earlier, most iPads, or an iPod touch, you need to plug your device into power to use "Hey Siri." If you have an iPhone 6s and later, or an iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro 10.5-inch, or iPad Pro (9.7-inch), you don't need to plug your device into power to use "Hey Siri."

If "Hey Siri" still doesn't work, turn it off and back on again.

Get help with Siri on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you continue to have trouble with using "Hey Siri", can you let me know if Siri responds some of the time or not at all?

Have you always had trouble with using "Hey Siri"?

Which iOS version is installed on your iPhone?

Best Regards.

Is there a known problem with Siri responding to Hey Siri on an iPhone 7Plus?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.