Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I retrieve my files from iCloud and shut down the service

I have found iCloud to be unsatisfactory for my needs.

I uploaded my music library there mirroring a ‘music folder’ on my desktop, and each time I wanted to play a song it would ‘download’ it from the cloud. Note that I do not use iTunes.

I tried to copy my folder back to my hard drive from iCloud but could not find a way to do that, I only seemed to be able to copy single files - too inefficient. In desperation I deleted the music folder from iCloud Drive, thinking that I could then just work with my original folder on my desktop - WRONG! Now my music folder/library is gone entirely from both iCloud and desktop.

Is there a way to retrieve my folder?

How do I move all my files off iCloud back to my hard drive?

Thx

Nick

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 9:28 PM

3 replies

Feb 28, 2018 12:45 AM in response to thekrees

I uploaded my music library there mirroring a ‘music folder’ on my desktop, and each time I wanted to play a song it would ‘download’ it from the cloud.

This is not a feature of iCloud Drive.

It is not a streaming service. Apple Music can stream and is a separate product which has a monthly subscription. It provides a dedicated iCloud Music Library that is not the same as any of your iCloud services.

This could explain your dissatisfaction with iCloud Drive as a streaming service. It isn't one.

How do I retrieve my files from iCloud and shut down the service

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.