Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Left AirPod not working

My left airpod is no longer responding to certain things!

The audio in it works fine, there is sound coming out of it. However, when I double tap to pause the music or take my headphone out to pause the music, nothing happens.

In-ear audio detection only works for my right headphone and double tapping only works on my right headphone however sound comes out of both. I've tried deleting them off my device and reconnecting them but it's not working. Any advice? Any similar situations? Thanks

null-OTHER, AirPods

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 11:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2018 6:39 PM

No, that didn't help, unfortunately. I think I'm going to have to take them to an Apple store to resolve the issue. The double tap settings are correct and set up the way I want them for each earpiece and automatic ear detection is on. I think its a deeper rooted issue with the Airpod's Bluetooth ability... it worked for a split second yesterday but then immediately reverted back to its unresponsive mode.

Theyve has never been dropped or wet so I don't know how this could've happened.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2018 6:39 PM in response to raina_b22

No, that didn't help, unfortunately. I think I'm going to have to take them to an Apple store to resolve the issue. The double tap settings are correct and set up the way I want them for each earpiece and automatic ear detection is on. I think its a deeper rooted issue with the Airpod's Bluetooth ability... it worked for a split second yesterday but then immediately reverted back to its unresponsive mode.

Theyve has never been dropped or wet so I don't know how this could've happened.

Mar 3, 2018 12:56 PM in response to jake38

Hi, jake38.

It appears that you're having a couple of issues with your AirPods. The left one doesn't respond as you expect when you double-tap the button to pause music, and it doesn't pause music when you remove it from your ear. I'm happy to help.

Learn more about your AirPods with charging case -- Make sure that double tap has been set up for the correct side and that "Automatic Ear Detection" is on.

Let me know how that goes.

Take care!

Left AirPod not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.