Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I reset my iCloud Music Library all at once?

I started using Apple Music several days ago. At first I only used it on my iPhone, but later I turned it on in my iTunes. I have over 20,000 songs downloaded on my iTunes before. And after turning on iCloud Music Library, my songs have been synced incorrectly. Some of them are duplicated within the same album, and some of them don't have the correct artwork.

And now they all show up in my Phone. It's really annoying.

I know I can delete them one by one, but I have so so so many songs...

How can I reset my iCloud Music Library all at once??

iPhone 7, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 10:54 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 28, 2018 11:18 AM in response to SuperBrianMo

Hello SuperBrianMo,

If I am understanding your issue correctly, you recently started using Apple Music. After turning on iCloud Music Library, you now have over 20,000 songs on your iPhone that you don't want on there and some songs have been duplicated while others show incorrect artwork. I can see how this would be a cause for concern. I'll be happy to help with this.

What you would need to do is to turn off iCloud Music Library on the iPhone. That will remove your entire music collection off of that device.

Go to Settings > Music. Then tap on iCloud Music Library to turn it off.

Turn on iCloud Music Library

For issues with the duplicate songs and artwork issues, you can review these articles:

Find and remove duplicate items in your iTunes library

Get help with iCloud Music Library

Let me know how things go.

Cheers!

Feb 28, 2018 9:17 PM in response to Joseph_S.

Hi Joseph,

If I turn off my iCloud Music Library and turn it on again, the problem still exists. And duplicated items do not show in iTunes but only on iPhone's Apple Music app. So I still can't solve this issue... 😟

I don't know why Apple didn't design a button to edit multiple items. It's all because of 3D touch I guess. But the thing is with 3D touch you can't edit multiple items at the same time unlike before.

Thanks anyway

How can I reset my iCloud Music Library all at once?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.