Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

File compatibility after High Sierra Upgrade

I want to upgrade my iMac ( Late 2014, 5K, i5, fusion drive, Sierra 10.12.6) and my MacBook Air ( Mid 2013, 13 inch, i5, all flash drive, Sierra 10.12.6) to High Sierra. I also use iCloud to share desktop and Documents folder files. I also use Dropbox for a separate set of files.

What must I do to ensure my files are compatible across both computers after the install?

Thank you for your help with this.

Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Feb 27, 2018 11:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 12:46 PM

ricknz wrote:

What must I do to ensure my files are compatible across both computers after the install?

Update: macOS High Sierra and APFS Compatibility | Other World Computing Blog

Nothing, the file systems are cross compatible. Your all flash MBA will automatically be converted to APFS while the fusion drive Mac will not.

Before upgrading MAKE BACKUPS.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2018 12:46 PM in response to ricknz

ricknz wrote:

Update: macOS High Sierra and APFS Compatibility | Other World Computing Blog

Nothing, the file systems are cross compatible. Your all flash MBA will automatically be converted to APFS while the fusion drive Mac will not.

Before upgrading MAKE BACKUPS.

File compatibility after High Sierra Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.