Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I retain the Portrait mode on my photos uploaded to MacBook Pro?

Following similar questions' responses, I opened my uploaded photos in Edit, and saw at the bottom the option for Portrait. However, unlike on my iPhone X where the background is blurred but none of my subject, the "reactivated" feature on the MacBook Pro completely blurs the face in a non-discriminatory fashion. Completely useless. Unlike the other individual with a similar problem, I have macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 on a 2013 MacBook Pro.

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 1:29 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Feb 28, 2018 2:12 AM in response to 66harleytriumph

Are you using the back camera or the front camera for the portrait photos, or both?

Have you taken the Portrait photo in landscape mode and not in the Portrait orientation?

The depth map seems to be rotated, if a Portrait photos been taken in Landscape mode, at least, when I am using the back camera.

On my Mac, in Photos 3.0, the portrait photos seem to be fine, if the the iPhone has been held in Portrait orientation, upright, but are looking blurred or distorted, if the iPhone has been held in landscape orientation.

How do I retain the Portrait mode on my photos uploaded to MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.