Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Surround sound from Soundtrack Pro using Macbook Pro 2010

I want to play a 5-channel .wav file which I have created using Soundtrack Pro on my Macbook Pro 2010. I must apologize for being rather technically ignorant that despite having gone through the other discussions about surround sound, I am still not totally clear how I can output the sounds to five speakers. I don't have any equipment at the moment and I'd like to make sure that whatever I'm going to buy would work before I purchase anything.

Am I right that I'll need these: (1) five speakers; (2) a receiver which can be connected to five speakers; (3) a mini display to HDML cable; (4) cables to connect the speakers to the receiver - but what kind? What kind of receivers do I need? Would I be able to play my file directly from Soundtrack Pro, or do I need / can I also play the .wav 5-channel file using some other software?

I am an artist and am thinking of playing this audio file together with a video. Would I be able to create a .mov file with 5-channel audio?

I would appreciate any advice from the Apple community.

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), Soundtrack Pro and surround sound

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 2:31 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Surround sound from Soundtrack Pro using Macbook Pro 2010

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.