Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: how do i open a document i saved as a pdf and be able to open it to make changes?

How do I open a PDF document saved on my iMac so I can edit it and add or delete content? I can only open it to preview mode and unable to edit.

iOS 10.2.1

Posted on

Feb 28, 2018 5:33 AM in response to thomasfromvictoria In response to thomasfromvictoria

Unlike a word processing document, a PDF is a final form entity, and requires a true PDF editor for revisions. Apple's Preview is not a PDF editor, but as CountryGirl56 has suggested — Adobe's Acrobat Pro (an expensive solution), or PDFpen/PDFpenPro 9 in the Mac App Store (far less expensive) are PDF editor choices.

Feb 28, 2018 5:33 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: thomasfromvictoria

Question: how do i open a document i saved as a pdf and be able to open it to make changes?