Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I connect to a Wi-Fi network that has no Internet Connection?

I recently reset and updated the router connected to a digital mixer that is used to control the mixer from an iPad app. Since doing this, whenever I try to join the network, my iphone and ipad show that there is no internet connection, and will no join the network. How do I get past this?

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 3:17 AM

2 replies

Feb 28, 2018 5:32 AM in response to MusicMixer

I’ll add that the router was first set up last year, February 2017, by someone other than myself and there were no issues connecting any devices without the internet connection. Any newdevice joining the network joined the same as a network with internet, no prompts of any kind other than password. This tells me there is a way to do it without special steps when joining for the first time.

Feb 28, 2018 10:08 AM in response to MusicMixer

Well I took some time this morning to Factory Reset an old router and opened up the setup. As I have read in other places, using a Static IP helped. Hopefully I will be able to replicate the process this evening and grab some screenshots to walk others through the process. As someone who hasn’t done a ton of network setup, I know it canbe confusing for the general public, so I hope to shine some light on this for others.

How do I connect to a Wi-Fi network that has no Internet Connection?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.