Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Go to one of your other devices signed in to iCloud to approve this MacBook Pro. I don't own another Apple device! How can I do this?

So I can't approve my Macbook because I don't have another device BUT I can use the Macbook to approve logging into iClouds from a browser.

Yes I have a trusted phone number I'm not given the option to use it.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 6:06 AM

3 replies

Feb 28, 2018 6:13 AM in response to agiddens1972

Have you added your phone number at the link below?

Apple ID - Manage

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

If necessary, there is a contact link.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2)

Apple Support by e-mail or chat Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option. If you need to talk to them, ask them if they will do a Skype or FaceTime with you.

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.

Feb 28, 2018 6:18 AM in response to Eric Root

Yep added my phone number. And it worked at the start of setting up the device. Now I just get a super unhelpful "Enter the password for your macbook pro". Then it gives me "Enter your password for your macbook pro which is not this macbook pro." But it is the same name and when I check my id I only have 1 device on my account "your macbook pro".

Go to one of your other devices signed in to iCloud to approve this MacBook Pro. I don't own another Apple device! How can I do this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.