Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In Photos for Mac, if images in Imports are deleted, it gets removed in other albums as well!

Hi!

When I import photos from iOS devices to Mac, initially all the photos I import, fall in the "Imports" folder. Later I move the photos to different albums (my own sorting way). After that, if I delete a photo in the "Imports" folder, the particular photo gets deleted in all the album I moved. I don't like photos getting accumulated in "Imports". Long story short, "Is there a way to delete the images in "Imports" with getting it deleted in other albums. Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 7:06 AM

2 replies

Feb 28, 2018 9:22 AM in response to Menakanth

The Imports album is showing all photos in your library. Deleting a photo there will delete it from the library.

If you want an album that is showing only your recent imports, that you did not yet add to your custom albums, try a smart album with the rules "Match all: Date added is in the last ... days" and "Album is not any".

Then you can see the most recently imported photos in one place, without the photos you already filed in albums.

User uploaded file

Feb 28, 2018 8:11 AM in response to Menakanth

of course not - albums are purely virtual, not a "place" - a photo can be any as many albums as you want but it only exists once in the library and if it is removed from the library then it is gone and can not be viewed form an album or anyplace else

You do not "move" photos to albums, you add then to the virtual album and you can not delete photos from import unless you want them gone everywhere - and even if you could it would be a big mistake since Import is a history of what you imported and when and is very important to have

LN

In Photos for Mac, if images in Imports are deleted, it gets removed in other albums as well!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.