Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi new watch but minny isn’t speaking the time ?

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 7:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 7:18 AM

Hi

To use the Mickey Mouse or Minnie Mouse watch faces on Apple Watch (not iwatch) with their Tap to Speak Time feature, follow these steps:

• If you have not yet done so, then update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest compatible software versions, starting with your iPhone:
  • Select the Mickey Mouse or Minnie Mouse watch face:

Customize your watch face

• Check that Tap to Speak Time is enabled:

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Sounds & Haptics - turn on Tap to Speak Time.

• When viewing the time on your watch, swipe up on the display to open Control Centre:

Check that Silent Mode is not enabled:

• Ensure that your Apple Watch has access to Wi-Fi:
    • Check that your Apple Watch is connected to your iPhone via Bluetooth and that your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi (I suggest also connecting your iPhone to power).
    • Or, if your iPhone is not currently connected via Bluetooth, check that your watch has connected to a trusted Wi-Fi network as a fallback.
    • About Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on Apple Watch - Apple Support
  • Place your Apple Watch on the charger, connected to power.
  • Wait for around 15 minutes (it may take significantly longer) for the voices to download to your watch.
  • Test by waking the display and then tapping on the watch face.

Also check your sound settings:

Check that Theatre Mode is not enabled on your Apple Watch:

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Sounds & Haptics:

• Check that the Alert Volume is towards the centre or right hand side.
  • Check that Silent Mode is not enabled.

Confirm directly on your Apple Watch that Silent Mode is not enabled:

If the feature still does not work as expected, then the following steps may help:

Remove the watch face from the collection on your Apple Watch:

Close the Watch app and restart both your iPhone and your Apple Watch:

• On your iPhone: double-click the Home button, then swipe up on the Watch app preview.
  • Turn both devices off together, then restart your iPhone first:

Add the watch face back to the collection on your Apple Watch and repeat the first set of steps again:

More information:

Hear Mickey Mouse or Minnie Mouse speak the time - Apple Support

If the issue persists after following all of the steps above, then I suggest that you contact Apple Support for assistance:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2018 7:18 AM in response to jeanfromsandown

Hi

To use the Mickey Mouse or Minnie Mouse watch faces on Apple Watch (not iwatch) with their Tap to Speak Time feature, follow these steps:

• If you have not yet done so, then update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest compatible software versions, starting with your iPhone:
  • Select the Mickey Mouse or Minnie Mouse watch face:

Customize your watch face

• Check that Tap to Speak Time is enabled:

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Sounds & Haptics - turn on Tap to Speak Time.

• When viewing the time on your watch, swipe up on the display to open Control Centre:

Check that Silent Mode is not enabled:

• Ensure that your Apple Watch has access to Wi-Fi:
    • Check that your Apple Watch is connected to your iPhone via Bluetooth and that your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi (I suggest also connecting your iPhone to power).
    • Or, if your iPhone is not currently connected via Bluetooth, check that your watch has connected to a trusted Wi-Fi network as a fallback.
    • About Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on Apple Watch - Apple Support
  • Place your Apple Watch on the charger, connected to power.
  • Wait for around 15 minutes (it may take significantly longer) for the voices to download to your watch.
  • Test by waking the display and then tapping on the watch face.

Also check your sound settings:

Check that Theatre Mode is not enabled on your Apple Watch:

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Sounds & Haptics:

• Check that the Alert Volume is towards the centre or right hand side.
  • Check that Silent Mode is not enabled.

Confirm directly on your Apple Watch that Silent Mode is not enabled:

If the feature still does not work as expected, then the following steps may help:

Remove the watch face from the collection on your Apple Watch:

Close the Watch app and restart both your iPhone and your Apple Watch:

• On your iPhone: double-click the Home button, then swipe up on the Watch app preview.
  • Turn both devices off together, then restart your iPhone first:

Add the watch face back to the collection on your Apple Watch and repeat the first set of steps again:

More information:

Hear Mickey Mouse or Minnie Mouse speak the time - Apple Support

If the issue persists after following all of the steps above, then I suggest that you contact Apple Support for assistance:

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.