Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Earphones won’t play music but will play sound effects

On my brand new iphone + earphones I can hear sound effects (such as typing, receiving messages, etc) but when playing music through Spotify or YouTube I can hardly hear anything. Volume is fully maxed out. How can I fix this?

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 6:27 AM

3 replies

Feb 28, 2018 7:00 PM in response to saulfromamsterdam

Hello saulfromamsterdam.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

If I'm understanding correctly, your earphones are not working properly. I know that being able to enjoy my music through my earphones is important, and I will be glad assist.

Check out the steps in the following article to see if it helps: If your headphones don‘t work with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers.

Mar 1, 2018 3:55 AM in response to chris_g1

Well, since the clicking sounds of typing for example are played very clearly, but the sounds of Spotify and YouTube aren’t, my guess is that the problem lies either in the software or my settings. I haven’t been able to locate the problem, hence my post. Does the specific problem of the sound effects being played but the music hardly being played through earphones occur more often?

Earphones won’t play music but will play sound effects

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.