Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GPS not working after update to IOS11

I live in Costa Rica. This is very frustrating that I can not use Wazes or Google Maps for directions anywhere. It does not matter if I am on wifi or cellular. After updating to IOS11, my iPhone 7 Plus does not track me at all. I have done all the suggestions I have found while researching this problem. No solution at this point. It still just does not work.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem that actually works?

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 7:02 AM

4 replies

Feb 28, 2018 7:26 PM in response to karesa9

Hello karesa9,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities and asking about your GPS issues. I would first like to test this in the iOS app Maps.

If this is also not working in Maps, please try the troubleshooting provided in this help article: Get help with Maps

If you can't find your current location on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and make sure that Location Services and Maps is set to While Using.
  2. Make sure that you set the date, time, and time zone correctly on your device. Go to Settings > General > Date & Time. If possible, use Set Automatically.
  3. Restart your device.
  4. Make sure that cellular data or Wi-Fi is on and that you have an active connection.
  5. Try a different location or switch to a different Wi-Fi network.

Location Services uses GPS, Bluetooth, crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspot, and cellular towers to determine your location. Learn more about Location Services on your iOS device.

After you go through those steps provided, let us know if the issue is also occurring in Maps, or is specific to those other apps. Also, does it occur on different wireless networks, or your cellular data with Wi-Fi turned off? You can turn off Wi-Fi by going to Settings > Wi-Fi. Please be aware that this will use your cellular data until you re-enable Settings > Wi-Fi. Thanks and have a wonderful evening

GPS not working after update to IOS11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.