Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Need to get email off my old MB Pro HD

Hi -

I have a 2008 15" MB Pro that died...

Bought a 2010 15" MB Pro and I need to get the email that was stored on the laptop - not on the cloud - off the old hd...

I have tried the Menu Bar / GO / Option - but that shows me the internal drive of the "new" laptop - not the Library folder on the drive sitting in the sled from the old machine.....

The new machine is running High Sierra old one was running Sierra

Thanks for all your help in advance.....

Rob

Posted on

Feb 28, 2018 7:27 AM in response to soundeng In response to soundeng

You'll need to find that old library folder, since your mail files are usually in /Users/[your name here]/Library/Mail. Even if you do find them, it's going to be a PAIN to get them transferred. If your old computer died, it might be a difficult task to find that folder as well. Did you restore your new computer from a backup?

Feb 28, 2018 7:27 AM

Reply Helpful

Feb 28, 2018 7:36 AM in response to zfJames In response to zfJames

The old laptop won't even boot - sometimes I get the chimes - some times nothing... I think the mother board went.... the laptop had more then a few issues over the last year and I was hoping to limp along till I could buy a new one but - it died...and of course - my last time machine update was two months ago... I know....bad Rob - just too busy with work - lesson learned...

Not yet - all my iCloud stuff has moved fine and I can see everything else I need from the old laptop but this new one has 1/2 the hard drive space of my old one - so I need to pick and choose what I bring over...plus - its a good time to clean out anyway......

Feb 28, 2018 7:36 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: soundeng

Question: Need to get email off my old MB Pro HD