Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi

Home Wifi keeps disconnecting on Mac Book Pro. This started since i upgraded my new home router. It doesn't happen on any other device e.g. iPad or Ifone. I have turned mac and router on and off but problem is still there.

MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 7:31 AM

2 replies

Mar 1, 2018 1:38 PM in response to Trish165

Hello Trish165,

It looks like you are having issues with the Wi-Fi connection dropping after upgrading to a new router. Being able to use Wi-Fi on your MacBook Pro without issue is important. You've done some good steps to help with this issue. I'll be happy to provide some additional information on this. These articles have steps that you can review to help with the situation that you are experiencing.

Check for Wi-Fi issues using your Mac

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

Let me know how things go afterwards.

Regards.

Mar 6, 2018 9:45 AM in response to CarlAVII

I am having the exact same issue. My iPad and iPhone works perfectly with my wifi but my Mac doesn't. I didn't change the router recently, I just have the same since 1 year and this problem came since the last Mac update (10.13.3). I tried to reset my router and did plenty of things and still doesn't work. Also my brother has a Windows laptop and works perfectly, so it MUST be the Mac. I have been searching on the web and there are a lot of more people with this problem. What can we do?? I use my Mac for work and I really need wifi.

Wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.