Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Increased battery drain after 10.13.3

Hello all

Using MacBook Air 10.13.3 2014 model.

Since 10.13.3 I have noticed that the battery drains FAR more quickly than before. Prior to the update I could get through the day quite happily using core apps including Pages, Keynote, email, browsing... running VMWare Fusion would place an understandable load but this could easily be managed out of one charge and last a day.

I am principled and make sure I have minimal apps running while working. However, since 10.13.3 my battery drains far more quickly than before and I am down to about 20% in a few hours. I don't know if this is because Index is still working in the background; if it is a bug in 10.13.3 or if it is an update to another app that might be causing the drain (eg Macupdate Desktop).

Is there any way of specifically determining what is causing the drain? I am keeping an eye using Activity Monitor...

Anyone else experienced similar?

MacBook Air, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 7:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 10:19 AM

I don't know if this is because Index is still working in the background; ...

If it is, that's the reason.

Please read See how apps affect Mac performance, battery runtime, temperature, and fan activity - Apple Support as well as all the links within it, which will eventually lead to resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2018 10:19 AM in response to krowdrah

I don't know if this is because Index is still working in the background; ...

If it is, that's the reason.

Please read See how apps affect Mac performance, battery runtime, temperature, and fan activity - Apple Support as well as all the links within it, which will eventually lead to resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac.

Increased battery drain after 10.13.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.