Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to move message

I am trying to move mail to trash and I get the message Unable to move message, I have IPhone 7 IOS11.2.5.

iPhone 7, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 8:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 12:05 PM

Hi dianefromelkton,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems like you are trying to move some emails to the Trash on your iOS device, but it is not moving and giving you an error message. It could be an issue with the account on the iPhone itself. One thing you could do is restart the iPhone and then try to move them to Trash again. Another thing you could do is to disable the account in the iPhone Settings and restart, then re-enable the account and try to move them again.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you go to Settings > Accounts & Passwords > select the Mail account > disable Mail. Restart and re-enable Mail.

Cheers.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2018 12:05 PM in response to dianefromelkton

Hi dianefromelkton,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems like you are trying to move some emails to the Trash on your iOS device, but it is not moving and giving you an error message. It could be an issue with the account on the iPhone itself. One thing you could do is restart the iPhone and then try to move them to Trash again. Another thing you could do is to disable the account in the iPhone Settings and restart, then re-enable the account and try to move them again.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you go to Settings > Accounts & Passwords > select the Mail account > disable Mail. Restart and re-enable Mail.

Cheers.

unable to move message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.