Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How long does it take to back up a 16GB iPad 2 to Mac?

How long does it take to back up a 16GB iPad 2 to a Mac?

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 8:16 AM

3 replies

Feb 28, 2018 8:42 AM in response to Natural High

There is no single answer. A lot of it won't necessarily be backed up every single time, such as the apps, operating system, or stuff like downloaded movies that are also located elsewhere. I don't believe that home videos are part of the backup either. There's also incremental backups, so it's not copying over everything unless something has changed.

For example, my iPad Mini 4 using over 70 GB (mostly iTunes digital downloaded movies) only has an backup that's less than 3 GB. I've done completely new backups and it never took more than a few minutes.

How long does it take to back up a 16GB iPad 2 to Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.