Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pairing Priorities

At Christmas I bought a 10" iPad Pro and a Magic Keyboard to pair with it. The problem is that whenever the Magic Keyboard is near my Mac Mini or MacBook and is turned on, it will pair with either of those (which already have a separate keyboard and trackpad paired with each of them) and won't pair with the iPad Pro. Even when "removing" the Magic Keyboard from the Bluetooth device list in the Mini/MacBook settings, the Magic Keyboard still appears in the list of devices (yes still unconnected) but the iPad Pro can't override that to pair with the Magic Keyboard.

Quite frustrating! Any suggestions?

I've one for Apple: Similar to when blocking a specific wifi network in settings, in Bluetooth settings there should be an option to block the Magic Keyboard from being "linked" (my word) and ready to pair from the Mini/MacBook, so that the iPad Pro can move up in priority and connect to the Magic Keyboard.

JazimBlue

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 8:23 AM

There are no replies.

Pairing Priorities

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.