Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

saving file previous location no longer remembered by High Sierra update

I'm using MacOS High Sierra 10.13.3

After a recent update, I've noticed that no matter what app I export, save, save as...etc OS will now default to the same folder every time, rather then remembering the last saved location. As an example, I export files from an app all the time. The old way it would recall the previous directory and I could then pick the same directory or one nearby...now it starts at a root level directory that is the same no matter what I'm doing and something that was once super quick and easy is now taking more time and annoying. Why??? How can this be fixed?

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 9:24 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 28, 2018 11:41 AM in response to CountryGirl56

Thank you for your reply. It seems MS Word does, Lightroom no (i've just used these in the last few hours). When you say user account, do you mean for the computer as a login? I kind of don't want to loose most everything else I've created to make my workflow quick and easy. To add to this, it seems to default to an odd folder in the iCloud directory. I just don't get how this changed after the update. I export from lightroom 100's of times a week...making this a major issue. It also remembers the last location in Illustrator and Photoshop. My apologies...I guess its happening only in adobe Lightroom. I use lightroom all the time and the other apps...not very often. I'm not sure how to solve this one. No options for this in lightroom preferences.

saving file previous location no longer remembered by High Sierra update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.