Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple watch not in airplane mode but not updating

My apple watch 2 is not in airplane mode but is not updating. For example, I am in AZ and the time zone has not changed from east coast to mountain time. I do have location on. My phone has updated to reflect change. Also, when I try to update my software, it is not recognizing the watch and asks to make sure it is powered on, nearby, and not in airplane mode. I have ensured all three are true, but it is not recognizing the watch.

iMac

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 9:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 9:27 AM

Hi

I suggest that you follow the instructions here, if necessary including unpairing and re-pairing your Apple Watch - including if either or both of your devices indicate that they are connected, but they do not behave accordingly:

If you have not yet done so, then also update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest software, starting with your iPhone:

If unpairing and re-pairing, then be sure to update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS before re-pairing your Apple Watch. The software on your Apple Watch will then be updated to the latest version, if required, during the re-pairing process:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2018 9:27 AM in response to DAStgo

Hi

I suggest that you follow the instructions here, if necessary including unpairing and re-pairing your Apple Watch - including if either or both of your devices indicate that they are connected, but they do not behave accordingly:

If you have not yet done so, then also update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest software, starting with your iPhone:

If unpairing and re-pairing, then be sure to update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS before re-pairing your Apple Watch. The software on your Apple Watch will then be updated to the latest version, if required, during the re-pairing process:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

apple watch not in airplane mode but not updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.