Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macintosh HD saying storage is above what it holds, Help.

When I click "about my mac" and click Storage it says I have 331 GB of photos, but my HD only is a 240 GB SSD. Furthermore, all my photos are on an external drive not on the Mactinosh HD....HELP?

It's not affecting performance, but It should not be saying this! User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 11:44 AM

3 replies

Feb 28, 2018 12:03 PM in response to justindery31

Reindex the drive then recheck. Spotlight- How to re-index folders or volumes - Apple Support.

Get Correct Storage Information

Do not use the information from the Storage section of the About This Mac dialog. Ignore the Storage information as it is typically wrong. To find out the correct information for any disk: Select a Desktop disk icon. Press Command-I to open the Get Info window and look at the topmost panel displayed. You will find the disk information displayed for Capacity, Available, and Used. If you have more than one disk/partition then repeat for each one on your Desktop.

Macintosh HD saying storage is above what it holds, Help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.