Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Related Article: Deregister iMessage on your iPhone or online

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

So me and my have I phones and different Apple ids we wants his text messages for his number to come to both phones how do I do this

So me and my have I phones and different Apple ids we wants his text messages for his number to come to both phones how do I do this

iPhone 6, iOS 11.2.6, null

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 10:51 AM

2 replies

Feb 28, 2018 10:56 AM in response to Thatguyfromtheplace

Unless you can arrange something with your carrier where SMS texts are sent to your numbers, you cannot (and even if possible, you’d all have to be on some form of family shared cellular service plan). The only way from his iPhone would be to manually forward messages to your numbers.

There is no way to automatically forward his iMessages to your phones. AppleIDs are private, as are the service and feature accounts linked to them. So that sort of automatic sharing of content is simply not possible.

Feb 28, 2018 10:55 AM in response to Thatguyfromtheplace

Basically, this won't work.

There are two types of text messages when it comes to iPhones: iMessages and SMS text messages. For the former, he would have to sign in with his Apple ID on your phone to get his iMessages. For the later, the phone would have to be locked to his cellular carrier as SMS message service would be provided by them.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.