Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Photos strips creation date from video files

I have several 1000 videos I'm trying to import into Photos. I've inspected all of them with Better File Attributes and they have correct created and modified dates, but when I import them into Photos, it changes the Created Date to the date and time of Import (today). I'm running High Sierra 10.13.3, Photos Version 3.0 (3251.12.190), and my photos library is on an external drive. I have the preferences set to copy files to Photo Library. I just upgraded to 2tb of iCloud and I'm trying to get all my stuff into the cloud.

How do I get Photos to honor the Created or Modified date as the shot date and not strip this info out during import? I've tried using the Import tool in Photos and I've tried dragging and dropping from Finder into Photos. Nothing works.

I've tried using Better File Attributes, and my Created and Modified Dates are the same and correct. BFA doesn't write to EXIF data for MPGs. Do I need do write this data? If so how do I batch write this data from the Created Date?

Please please help me.

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 11:47 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Mac Photos strips creation date from video files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.