Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem iphone x pair with volvo xc90

I can not pair volvo xc90 with iphone x. With my old phone iphone 5s It was worked, but not work with iphone x. Phone found car, but after entered pair number bluetooth disconnected without any response.

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 11:41 AM

3 replies

Mar 1, 2018 9:18 AM in response to Smigulacis

Hi Smigulacis,

I understand that you're having some issues pairing your iPhone X with your car stereo. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

Check out the following article for help with this issue:

Get help connecting your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your car stereo - Apple Support

If you're using CarPlay, the following article can also help:

Set up CarPlay with your iPhone - Apple Support

Get help

If CarPlay doesn't work like you expect, here’s what you can check. After each step, try using CarPlay again.

1. Make sure that Siri is turned on.
  2. Restart your iPhone and your car. Depending on your car, you might see the CarPlay Home screen when you turn it on. If you don't, look for the CarPlay logo on your car’s display.
  3. If possible, connect your iPhone to a different USB port in your car.
  4. Try a different Lightning to USB cable. Make sure that the cable is certified.
  5. Update to the latest version of iOS.
  6. Check your car’s manual for help. You might need to install firmware updates for your stereo.

Learn more about CarPlay and driving and navigating safely.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

Mar 1, 2018 10:42 AM in response to Smigulacis

Smigulacis,

Thanks for following up with that additional information. Check the Volvo website below to ensure your device is compatible:

Bluetooth Compatibility – Volvo Cars Support UK

Then go through the troubleshooting steps in the previous article that was shared, including updating your stereo if possible, and contacting Apple Support if necessary:

If you're using Bluetooth

1. Check your car stereo's user manual for how to pair with a Bluetooth device.
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth, and turn off Bluetooth. Wait for 5 seconds, then turn Bluetooth back on.
  3. Restart your iOS device.
  4. On your iOS device, unpair your car stereo. On your car's display, unpair your iOS device and any other devices. Restart your car and your iOS device, then pair and connect again.
  5. Update your iOS device.
  6. Install any firmware updates for your car stereo.
  7. If you still can't connect, contact Apple Support.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

Problem iphone x pair with volvo xc90

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.