Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Got an email from ”Apple”, is it for real?

Got an email from what it looks like Apple bit dont know IF its false or real.. the adress says *********@norepplysenderlivenotificationinformatioggod.servic e.support.service.live.mail.com. And the email do say that someone in Thailand tried to log in at my Apple ID and that i need to confirm my Apple ID or it Will be locked or something.

<Email Edited by Host>

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 12:19 PM

Apple will never send you an email regarding your Apple ID. It's spam ..

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

2 replies

Feb 28, 2018 12:25 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Carolyn Samit wrote:

Apple will never send you an email regarding your Apple ID.

I would like to qualify that. I agree on the basis of the email address, the one the OP received is spam but I believe Apple will send notifications if somebody tries to log into your account and fails too many time. In that case Apple will lock your account and notify you it is actually locked, not send an e-mail threatening to lock the account and requesting verification.

Got an email from ”Apple”, is it for real?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.