Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 plus battery capacity dropping fast

Hi to all,

I have been using an iPhone 7 plus lately. I use coconutBattery on my Macbook and I measured the battery capacity when I started using it. It is a used iPhone so when I first measured it, it had 95% of it's capacity after 224 charging cycles. 85 charging cycles later, in 2 months and 10 days, battery capacity has dropped to 87%. I can't understand why capacity keeps falling so fast. I make quite heavy use of the phone. In the car I always charge the phone while use googlemaps navigation and I listen to web radio and that makes the battery warm. I do this about 1-1,5 hours a day. Could that be the reason? Could it be because of a bad quality charger? I'm worried that in this pace, my battery will soon have half its capacity! Please advise!

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.2.6, Battery Capacity

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 12:24 PM

4 replies

Mar 2, 2018 1:28 PM in response to ioannis1970

how long have you actually been using your 7+? IF its been a while then it doesn't seem to be to horrible of a drop especially with what you have stated you do on your device. Now if the device is still fairly new (like 6 months old or less) then Id definitely go get it inspected at your nearest Apple store. There is a possibility that your charger is bad and that could be another cause of your battery issues. Try a different charger and then note what its doing after using said new charger. If you don't notice a difference, its getting worse, or the phone isn't charging properly then its definitely time to take it in to have it inspected and see if the root cause of the problem can be determined. Good luck and I hope you find the cause of said issues.

iPhone 7 plus battery capacity dropping fast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.