Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: is there anyway i can stop iTunes on my mac from automatically updating?

i make music, and there's a certain thing i need in iTunes that is only available in earlier editions. almost every time i plug my phonene into my mac or don't check iTunes for a while, it has been updated. I don't have automatic updates turned on on my mac or my mac iTunes store, so why is iTunes updating? is there anyway i can stop it? i have just been deleting and re downloading my old version over and over, its becoming a hassle.

thanks

christinafromwantagh

Posted on

Feb 28, 2018 2:26 PM in response to christinafromwantagh In response to christinafromwantagh

I suspect if you go to the Mac App Store application on the computer ther's probably a way to discourage automatic updates. I don't know but I know I run a 10 year old version of iTunes and I haven't sen a prompt to update iTunes in about the same length of time.

Feb 28, 2018 2:26 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: christinafromwantagh

Question: is there anyway i can stop iTunes on my mac from automatically updating?