Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 callers sound far away after iOS 11.2.6 update

I decided to update my iPhone 7 yesterday to iOS 11.2.6. After updating, If I make a phone call the caller sounds very far away, even with the volume all the way up. Apparently I sound ok to them but I can barely hear the caller even if I’m In quiet room. If I turn them on speakerphone then the sound seems normal again, but that’s not ideal for all situations. I have tried a hard restart and also checked to make sure my cellular data settings are still checked off to include voice and text. And of course made sure the volume was turned up. Anyone else having this problem? Anyone know how to fix it?

iPhone 7, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 1:59 PM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2018 9:49 AM in response to Ajc0917

Hello Ajc0917,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that you've been experiencing issues hearing other callers after recently updating your iPhone 7. You've done an excellent job trying to get this resolved! If you've followed all of the steps in the resource you came from, I recommend contacting Apple Support for further assistance with this issue.

Contact Apple Support

Have a great day!

iPhone 7 callers sound far away after iOS 11.2.6 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.