Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When does the new update come

my phone has been so slow and I can't record anything because it hasn't had an update in soooo long, so I was wondering when the new update was????

iPhone 6, iOS 11.1, When does it update???

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 2:16 PM

2 replies

Feb 28, 2018 5:02 PM in response to ellafromcrooks

I have 2 suggestions

a) you have something running on your iPhone that is draining your iPhone's CPU. Settings -> Battery and look at the Battery Usage.

If you tap on the clock icon to the right of "Last 7 Days" the Usage will display how much time was used as a background app, if the app runs in the background.

b) your battery is aging out, and iOS is throttling your CPU to avoid having your iPhone suddenly shutdown from lack of power, which could be life threatening should you need to make an emergency phone call when the battery runs out of juice.

Make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple store and have them check your battery.

When does the new update come

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.