Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro won't start

I have a late 2012 MacBook Pro running on High Sierra. It has been working fine until the most recent (Feb 2018) security update. The update installed and I was using my laptop for a few days after that just fine. However, during that time I did not shut it down or restart it. I went out of town for the weekend and shut down the laptop (did not take it with me). When I came back to restart it, I could log into the laptop, the progress bar would continue to the end (took a longer time than usual) and then stop, stuck there. I've tried this a couple more times but never got the laptop to open. I would log in, the progress bar would run to the end and then stop. I just let it continue like that for at least an hour before giving up. What can I do to fix this?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 2:21 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 1, 2018 6:43 AM in response to Allan Eckert

I tried the safe boot 3 times and it did not work. After I logged in, it took 20 min for the progress bar to reach the end and then just hung there. Waited for 30-40 min before trying again. Still nothing. Will try the safe mode later after work one more time and if that doesn't work, will go ahead with iOS recovery. I'll lose everything I didn't back up but hopes this will solve the problem.

MacBook Pro won't start

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.