Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i get my mac to recognize pictures on my iphone? When I connect my phone to the Mac it doesn’t pull up the photos to import them so I can delete the photos off my phone.

I have the iPhone 7 and Mac book pro. I’ve tried airdropping the photos and that would take forever to transfer thousands of pictures. I’m just not understanding why my computer only recognizes some of my pictures.

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 4:22 PM

3 replies

Feb 28, 2018 6:14 PM in response to Nikkik07

Have you tried Image Capture? It's right there in Applications>Image Capture. Your iPhone should be listed as a device. If you select it you should be able to see the entire Camera Roll on your iPhone and you can drag and drop any photo/video to a folder (or desktop) on your Mac. It might ask you to unlock the device first.

Once a photo/video is archived you'll still have it and can delete it from the camera roll. However, there's no way to put a photo back in the Camera roll after it's been deleted.

How do i get my mac to recognize pictures on my iphone? When I connect my phone to the Mac it doesn’t pull up the photos to import them so I can delete the photos off my phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.