Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

It wont let me add or delete any songs

I have apple music and I am trying to download and delete songs but its not letting me and I don’t know what it is whether I don’t have apple music anymore or something like that just if someone can help me that would be greatly appreciated

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 4:43 PM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2018 6:27 AM in response to Zmumf

Hey there, Zmumf.

I see that you're having an issue using Apple Music on an iOS device. You're not able to download content or delete songs. I'm happy to help.

Add and download music, shows, and movies from the Apple Music catalog -- On your device, tap Settings > Music and make sure that "Show Apple Music" and "iCloud Music Library" are turned on. Make sure you're using the correct ID by tapping Settings > "Your name" to see which ID is being used. If it isn't the same ID you used to subscribe to Apple Music, let me know. If it's correct, see if you're able to download a song to your device.

Before you add or download content, make sure to turn on iCloud Music Library on all of your devices.

When you add content to your Library, you can access it across all of your other devices, as long as you're signed in to all of your devices with the same Apple ID.

You can also download content to your iOS device or computer so that you can listen to or watch it when you're not connected to the Internet. You must download the content to each device that you want to use for offline listening.

There's no cost to add or download content. Learn more about Apple Music and how to join. If you don't subscribe to Apple Music or want to purchase an individual song or album, you can buy it from the iTunes Store app or in iTunes on a Mac or PC.

Delete songs and videos from your iCloud Music Library -- If you're able to now download content for playing while your device isn't connected to the internet, follow the steps in this article to delete content from iCloud Music Library.

Let me know how that goes.

Take care!

It wont let me add or delete any songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.