Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anyone had problems with speak screen with the new update ios 11.2.6?

Has anyone had problems with speak screen with the new update ios 11.2.6? When it is reading it skips big portions of each page.

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Feb 28, 2018 6:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2018 11:34 AM

Hi there, valeriefromirving.

I see that you've noticed an issue using Speak Screen since updating your iPhone 6s Plus. As it reads, it skips whole sections of the page. I'm happy to help.

Speak Selection, Speak Screen, and Typing Feedback

1. Turn off Speak Screen in Settings > General > Accessibility > Speech.
  2. Force close the application you're using with Speak Screen, How to Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, if it's open, then
  3. Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Restart your iPhone 6s Plus.
  4. Once your iPhone has returned to the Home screen, turn on Speak Screen again, then test the issue.

If restarting your iPhone didn't resolve the issue, please answer the following questions:

1. Which application are you having Speak Screen read from?
  2. Does this issue happen in more than one application?

Let me know how that goes.

Take care!

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2018 11:34 AM in response to valeriefromirving

Hi there, valeriefromirving.

I see that you've noticed an issue using Speak Screen since updating your iPhone 6s Plus. As it reads, it skips whole sections of the page. I'm happy to help.

Speak Selection, Speak Screen, and Typing Feedback

1. Turn off Speak Screen in Settings > General > Accessibility > Speech.
  2. Force close the application you're using with Speak Screen, How to Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, if it's open, then
  3. Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Restart your iPhone 6s Plus.
  4. Once your iPhone has returned to the Home screen, turn on Speak Screen again, then test the issue.

If restarting your iPhone didn't resolve the issue, please answer the following questions:

1. Which application are you having Speak Screen read from?
  2. Does this issue happen in more than one application?

Let me know how that goes.

Take care!

Mar 2, 2018 5:32 AM in response to valeriefromirving

Thank you for trying those steps, valeriefromirving. It's appreciated. Since you've narrowed it down to the Kindle application, I'd like you to focus on that application specifically.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- Please be sure to have a fresh backup to keep your personal information safe. In order to back up your Health data, the backup needs to be encrypted. iCloud does this automatically, but iTunes doesn't. If you'd like to use iTunes to back up your iPhone, refer to this article: About encrypted backups in iTunes

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- A new feature in iOS 11 is the ability to delete an application, but retain it's data. Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage, scroll to the Kindle application and tap "Offload App". Once the application has been removed, reinstall it again and test.

If the issue persists, please contact Amazon Support for help with the application.

Take care!

Has anyone had problems with speak screen with the new update ios 11.2.6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.